SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service in a timely manner to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Manager on Duty. Job usually performed during high volume times to assist Servers.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Using acquired menu and recipe service knowledge, serves high quality food.
- Checks all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance.
- Attends to any additional guests’ needs or requests
- Assists servers with running food or delegating to other servers to run food.
- Maintains cleanliness of his/ her stations and expo area.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking, cleaning works stations.
- Sweeps Expo area throughout the shift.
- “Clean as you go” done throughout the shift
Assists Team Members
- Helps maintain cleanliness throughout the restaurant.
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all times. Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Ensures no guest leaves the restaurant unhappy. Utilize our service recovery policy and involve the manager if necessary. Always strive for 100% guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from the Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Posting ID: 33179957Posted: 2020-02-19