ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
THE GENERAL MANAGER (GM) IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GENERATING PROFIT TO MEET OR EXCEED BUDGET EXPECTATIONS, WHILE MAINTAINING OPERATIONAL AND GUEST SERVICE STANDARDS. GM’S MANAGE A PROPERTY AND SUPERVISE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF, FRONT OFFICE AND MAINTENANCE FUNCTIONS. GM’S TRAIN AND MANAGE AN AVERAGE OF FIVE (5) TEAM MEMBERS.
GM’S COACH AND COUNSEL TEAM MEMBERS, PERFORM BUILDING INSPECTIONS, MONITOR TEAM MEMBER PRODUCTIVITY, MARKET THE
PROPERTY TO INCREASE OCCUPANCY AND BUILD REVENUE AND THEY PROVIDE A CLEAN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS. GENERAL MANAGERS DILIGENTLY OBSERVE CUSTOMER SERVICE CONCERNS AND DIRECT EMPLOYEES TO EXECUTE SOLUTIONS WHICH PLEASE OUR GUESTS.
GM’S ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACHIEVING REVENUE AND PROFIT OBJECTIVES WHILE CONSISTENTLY ENFORCING POLICY AND PROCEDURES. UNDER THE GM’S DIRECTION QUALITY ASSURANCE REVIEW (QAR) SCORES MUST REMAIN AT A SATISFACTORY LEVEL.
GM’S EARN A BASE SALARY AND QUALIFY FOR PERFORMANCE BONUS. GM’S ARE EXEMPT AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME COMPENSATION.
AS AN ORGANIZATION, WE STRIVE TO HIRE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WHO OPERATE IN AGREEMENT WITH OUR COMPANY CORE PRINCIPLES.
GENERAL MANAGER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: THESE DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW:
- Develop, administer and control the property revenue and expense budgets
- Analyze Profit and Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit Variance Reports in a timely manner.
- Review and approve property payroll.
- Monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable.
- Facilitate lead management process within property and complete sales and marketing objectives
- Ensure leads are actively managed and followed up on.
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain, retain and service core business accounts
- Develop and maintain rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources clients, etc.
- Review Studio Inventory management to ensure maximization of studio revenue
- Offering Value Place Amenities, products and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs and increase revenue.
- Interview, ensure proper selection of and hire all property staff. Review and verify all New Hire Paperwork is complete and accurate with references completed.
- Ensure property training, counseling and motivation of all team members.
- Conduct all personnel performance appraisal for team members.
- Review all team member disciplinary procedures and documentation. Follow progressive disciplinary process up to and including termination, to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Suggestions for ways to improve operations and increase profitability.
- Ensure team members have an attitude of attentiveness.
- Meet and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their satisfaction level with guest services and facilities.
- Monitor results of all guest service comment sources. Take appropriate corrective actions and respond on a timely basis.
- Respond and follow-up on all written guests complaints. Ensure guest satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
- Inspect studios and public space daily according to the Clean & Safe program Brand Standards.
- Know and lead the property’s emergency procedures, BBP, OSHA and all Safety and Security processes, reporting procedures and training.
- Ensure all team members are trained to act according to procedure, in the event of an emergency or accident.
- Ensure a viable key control program and documentation is in place, GM is to administer, train, monitor controls on Key Control Policy and Process.
- Follow appropriate cash control procedures
- Make Daily Bank Deposits
- Ensure the security needs of the guests, staff and property are met.
- Manage inventory of “for sale” items
- Ensure property uniform standards are followed by all team members.
- Know area attractions and service in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, and strong communication skills are required.
One year experience in hotel management including Front Desk (phones and transactions). AGM or Operations Manager (sales, guest issues, managing staff, hiring and firing) and Back of House operations (housekeeping, preventative maintenance, repairs, room inspections, etc.
Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.