Before applying please let us make clear that we do not hire just anyone and working at Goose Feathers will be the most challenging, demanding job you have ever had. The reason being we do not accept mediocrity and anything less than your absolute 100% best everyday will not be good enough to work here. Also one more item, we expect you to act like an adult everyday. So if you are sensitive, thinned skinned and have a problem taking constructive criticism and precise directions then this is probably not the place for you.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
Goose Feathers is now accepting applications online for 2-Full time open positions. 1- FOH Floor Tech & 1-BOH Dishwasher must be able to move with speed and purpose, neat in appearance, highly motivated and a quick learner. Must be able to lift & carry at least 60 lbs. Must be dependable and have reliable transportation and be able to work weekends. Hours are 6:30am -4:30pm , a 3 hour pre-employment audition is required before being considered for the position. Pay $8.00 per hour plus shared tips after extensive 2 week training period. EOE
The Front of House (FOH) floor tech is responsible for greeting guests & seating them as necessary, cleaning the cafe as well as restrooms, dishwashing & BOH duties, and stocking & restocking cafe. Includes rotating perishable items, setting and maintaining the dining area in a uniformed manner and seating large parties with short notice and without infringing on other guests' privacy or space. Will be required to wash BOH sheet pans, containers and dishes. Will be responsible of maintaining a clean, safe and positive working environment. The FOH floor tech interacts with customers and is responsible for answering questions as needed with general knowledge of menu and specials items.
Some knowledge of BOH restaurant operations preferred. Must be punctual, dependable and reliable and be able to pass random drug screen. Preferably nonsmoker. Must be personable.
* Requires being on one's feet for long periods of time.
* Much of the work of this position is physically demanding for cleaning, stocking, dishwashing and carrying kitchen supplies.
Requires communicating with customers and other staff members. Requires talking, hearing and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions.
* Requires walking primarily on a level surface, though occasionally slippery, for long periods throughout the day.
* Requirements include reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds for restaurant equipment, supplies, and restocking.
Employee expectations of all positions:
At Goose Feathers Cafe, It All Starts With Fresh. We give food the care it deserves and take great pride in all we do. We maintain exceptionally high standards in the quality of our food and its consistent preparation. We expect every Goose Feathers Cafe employee to embrace and maintain our quality standards in everything they do. Whether it is in food preparation, customer service, bussing tables or food delivery, every role is critical to our success and every task is worth doing exceptionally. All employees of Goose Feathers Cafe are held to the same high standards of excellence.
Traits / Distinguishing Characteristics:
* Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
* Exceptionally high standards of sanitation in food preparation and work area cleanliness.
* Takes ownership of work and demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility for decisions and actions
* Seeks and receives feedback graciously and with a dedication to continuous improvement.
Posting ID: 37756060Posted: 2019-10-11