The Dishwasher is a critical member of the cafe team, responsible for washing all kitchen pans, utensils, containers, dishes, & mugs from Front of House (FOH). The Dishwasher must know procedures & placements of dishware & kitchen utensils, containers, etc. The Dishwasher is also required to stock & rotate all perishable items. The Dishwasher has to be able to communicate & problem solve with fellow employees and is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and productive working environment.
Must possess or learn general knowledge of FOH operations.
Required availability to work 6:30am-5pm Sunday-Saturday.
Must have strong work ethics & preferably nonsmoker.
Must be able to pass random drug screen.
* Requires standing for long periods of time.
* Much of the work of this position is completed while standing at a sink and washing dishes.
Much of this job requires communicating with other staff members. Requires talking, hearing and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions.
* Requires walking primarily on a level surface, though occasionally slippery, for periods throughout the day.
* Requirements include reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds for restaurant equipment, supplies, and restocking.
Dependability and Punctuality are a must.
Duties are not limited to the above.
Employee expectations for all positions:
At Goose Feathers Cafe, It All Starts With Fresh. We give food the care it deserves and take great pride in all we do. We maintain exceptionally high standards in the quality of our food and its consistent preparation. We expect every Goose Feathers Cafe employee to embrace and maintain our quality standards in everything they do. Whether it is in food preparation, customer service, bussing tables or food delivery, every role is critical to our success and every task is worth doing exceptionally. All employees of Goose Feathers Cafe are held to the same high standards of excellence.
Traits / Distinguishing Characteristics:
* Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
* Exceptionally high standards of sanitation in food preparation and work area cleanliness.
* Takes ownership of work and demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility for decisions and actions
* Seeks and receives feedback graciously and with a dedication to continuous improvement.
Posting ID: 37756063Posted: 2019-10-11