Provides customer service to guests of hotel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets, registers, suggestively sells rooms, issues room keys, assigns rooms to guests and sets wake up calls in a efficient, warm and friendly manner.
- Acts as manager on duty and follows the prescribed MOD procedures on communication, emergency procedures and guest satisfaction.
- Enters daily changes and balances accounts such as guest, house, guest tray, city ledger and advance deposits. Resets system for the next business day.
- Ensures that the night audit procedures are completed on a daily basis and the information entered and posted are accurate, balanced and timely.
- Enters information, prints reports and interprets reports in the night audit in an accurate, timely manner per night audit guidelines.
- Ensures guest safety by following established security procedures including fire/tornado procedures, key security and guest privacy.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Records and communicates guest special requests and problems to appropriate department and ensures they are addressed in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and local attractions and provides travel directions.
- Accurately checks out guests and communicates departures with housekeeping staff.
- Accurately computes bill, collects payment, makes change for guests and makes deposits according to KHC cash handling procedures.
- Makes, confirms and cancels reservations via telephone, computer and in writing.
- Answers and routes internal and external phone calls in an articulate, friendly manner using prescribed procedures.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to ledger.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Maintains the shift-to-shift log accurately to ensure proper communication between shifts is maintained.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the hotel lobby and front desk area.
- Washes, folds and properly stores laundry (depending on business unit).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
Posting ID: 38474508Posted: 2019-01-02