OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of all dishware.
• Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems to the COD immediately.
• Monitor dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure a sanitary wash cycle.
• Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
• Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in designated storage areas.
• Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
• Responsible for cleanliness and organization of work area adhering to food safety and health standards.
• Support all other staff in preparation tasks.
• Works efficiently and effectively to clean required equipment.
• Prioritizes and organizes tasks for speed and quality assurance.
• Sweep or scrub floors.
• Clean and empty garbage cans throughout shift.
• Assist in receiving and storing of supplies. Keep adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies available.
• Assist in stocking supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
MINIMUM SKILL / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Entry level position: 0-1 years of dishwashing experience preferred.
* Basic understanding of kitchen systems.
* Basic knowledge of cleaning procedures.
* Basic knowledge of multitasking abilities.
* Good communication skills.
* Must be able to work unsupervised.
* Able to follow directions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
* Ability to withstand large workloads, work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment.
* Must have a neat appearance and be well groomed.
* Must possess current CITY OF AUSTIN HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOOD HANDLERS CERTIFICATE.
* Must be able to bend, squat, stretch or stand for extended periods of time
* Occasionally lifting or pushing up to 50lbs.
* Able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environments.
Posting ID: 40242475Posted: 2020-07-14