The Assistant Manager assists in the management of the restaurant operations for a specific PRIMOS location.
They are responsible for achieving planned sales and budgeted profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and upholding of all PRIMOS policies, procedures, programs, and operational excellence performance standards.
As a member of the management team, the Associate Manager assists in providing direction and motivation to the hourly partners, ensuring execution of all positions, chores and responsibilities in order to provide our guests with an exceptional PRIMOS Experience and exceptional product quality. This position also helps to protect the brand by maintaining a sanitary, safe, respectful, efficient and quality work environment while effectively managing operational/product costs.
Role-models behaviors that align with the PRIMOS Beliefs and Philosophy for Service:
Associate managers treat all people with courtesy and respect. They are reliable, independent thinkers and good decision-makers. They create a culture of empowerment and fun in caring for our guests while ensuring profitability and operational excellence are maintained. The Associate Manager values training and adheres to the PRIMOS training systems.
• Proactively serves as an ambassador for PRIMOS restaurants, both within the restaurant and the community, through consistent, positive representation of our PRIMOS culture of respect and care for others.
• Assists in the development, performance management and training of hourly partners.
• Build sales by focusing the staff on image and PRIMOS Experience service standards and actions to enhance the guest's perception of the restaurant.
• Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/separation responsibilities), scheduling, training, recognition, and conducting performance reviews (P.E.P. Talks) with all hourly partners, as well as recommending salary increases.
• Addresses performance issues and documents corrective actions.
• Ensures the restaurant's compliance to productivity and service standards by assisting to develop and maintain a sufficient number of trainers, shift leads and well-trained, productive employees.
• Attends weekly restaurant manager meetings and other scheduled meetings; may be asked to present information, as requested.
• Ensures that all PRIMOS Experience standards and operational systems are executed properly in a sanitary, clean, safe, and friendly environment, according to all PRIMOS established procedures.
• Ensures that all menu items are prepared, accurately portioned, and presented properly in a sanitary, clean and safe manner according to all established procedures, standards and specifications.
• Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all stations/functions for all positions in the restaurant.
Business / Financial Acumen
• Assists the restaurant team to achieve planned profit levels while providing our guests with an exceptional PRIMOS Experience.
• Assists General Manager with projected annual sales while operating within budgeted guidelines
• Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
• Ensures accurate financial reporting to include: payroll, cash and receipts, house accounts and other invoicing procedures, productivity and operating expenses.
• Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve exceptional PRIMOS guest experience
• Responsible for all communication with regard to system breakdowns deficiencies.
Business / Financial Acumen (continued)
• Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her supervision in the General Manager's absence.
• Extensive standing without breaks.
• Exposure to heat, smoke and cold.
• Reaching heights of approximately six feet and depths of approximately three ft.
• Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided for periods of up to eight hours or longer as needed.
• Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times; bending, reaching and walking.
• Effective communication with guests.
• Carrying trays of food products weighing approximately 20 lbs for distances of up to 60 ft.
• Lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Dependent on area of management responsibility (Product/Place/People)
• Receives direction from General Manager as to specific assignments and objectives; the Associate Manager determines method of execution with periodic review from General Manager to determine if objectives and goals are met.
Knowledge & Skill Required
• Excellent communications, supervisory, and guest service skills
• Computer literacy; comfortable with Microsoft Office Software
• Some college preferred.
• Operating FOH P.O.S. System (Aloha).
• Operating BOH systems (Aloha)
• At least two years prior restaurant managerial experience.
• Internal candidates considered for promotion to manager may substitute Certified Trainer and Shift Lead experience for management experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.