Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine-dining restaurants, fourteen catering facilities, a country inn and five Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people, and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
Join Lessing's Hospitality Group on the kitchen team at one of our premier restaurants!
***Please apply on our Career page directly: https://lessingsinc.peoplematter.jobs/
Line Cook Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
• Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
• Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
• Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
• Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
• Serve menu items compliant with established standards
• Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
• Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
• Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
• Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
• Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
• Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
• Assist with all duties as assigned by Chef
Line Cook Requirements:
• Weekend and night availability are required!
• 2+ years experience as a Line Cook required.
• Culinary degree highly preferred.
Excellent compensation and growth potential!
Posting ID: 41047754Posted: 2020-09-29