The Pizza Cook is experienced and efficient at the art of making pizzas. He/she is primarily responsible for preparing and baking pizzas and related dishes, such as Stromboli and calzone.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Creates and bakes pizzas and related dishes (Stromboli, calzone, etc.), ensuring quality and efficiency and customer satisfaction.
2. Maintains the pizza station and remainder of the kitchen to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation.
3. Keeps pizza counter stocked and garnished, restocking regularly.
4. Keeps the pizza prep table clear and clean.
5. Supervises baking process to prevent overcooking and burning.
6. Monitors food stocks and inventory and assists Kitchen Supervisor with the preparation of supply orders.
7. Processes delivered food stocks and supplies, verifying receipt of ordered items.
8. May personally greet customers and assist the counter with order-taking
9. Ensures the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of his/her station and the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves, removing trash, etc.
10. Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
11. May supervise and oversee delivery drivers in the absence of a Delivery Supervisor.
12. May supervise and oversee wait staff in the absence of a Dining Room Manager.
13. In the absence of the Kitchen Supervisor or Restaurant Manager or owner, may be accountable for the entire operation of the restaurant.
14. Performs other duties or roles as assigned by upper or roles as assigned by upper management or the owner.
* Reports to the Restaurant Manager.
* No supervisory responsibilities but does direct the work of the prep cook as to ensure sufficient stock of food items necessary to perform his/her job on a daily basis.
* Interacts occasionally with customers
* Interacts with vendors, suppliers and Health Department officials
Qualifications and Credentials
* High school diploma preferred
* a minimum of 1 year of relevant pizza baking experience is required
* Serosae certification preferred
Abilities and competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills:
1. Communication and Problem Solving
* Able to effectively communicate verbally
* Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
2. Physical and Sensory Abilities
* Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret and understand recipes, menus, food orders, packing slips, etc.
* Able to hear and speak effectively
* Able to taste and smell and accurately identify color (not colorblind)
* Able to sense degrees of temperature
* Frequently stands for long durations
* Able to walk while carrying and balancing food and beverages
* Able to bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
3. Computer Skills
* No specific computer skills required
The Pizza Cook works in a busy, commercial kitchen. Subject to extremes in temperature and humidity. Exposed to sharp blades, commercial mixers, ovens, heating elements and scalding water. Lighting is moderate. Noise levels are moderate to loud.
Pizza Cooks work full-time or part-time depending on the company's needs and the employee's schedule. Work schedules may vary and may involve day, evening or nighttime hours during the week and on weekends. May be asked to assist in opening or closing the restaurant, which involves extended hours.