The dishwasher removes food from and washes dirty dishes, utensils and drinking glasses to ensure that the highest sanitary standards are upheld and Health Department regulations are met.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Scrapes food from and pre-rinses dirty cooking and serving dishes, flatware, utensil and drinking glasses.
2. Loads rinsed cooking and serving dishes, flatware, utensils, and drinking glasses into dishwasher.
3. Operate commercial dishwashers in accordance with standard operating procedures.
4. Washes dirty dishes, utensils, drinking glasses by hand as necessary.
5. Dries clean dishes, utensils, drinking glasses by hand as necessary.
6. Stacks or stores clean dishes, utensils, glasses, etc., according the prescribed system.
7. Removes chipped or damaged dishes, utensils, glasses, etc., from service to ensure the safety of patrons and fellow employees.
8. Informs supervisor and/or restaurant management of need to replace damaged stock.
Additional (Marginal) Duties and Responsibilities:
9. Helps to maintain the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of the restaurant and surrounding property by sweeping, stocking shelves, breaking down empty boxes, and removing trash, etc., as requested.
10. Performs other duties as assigned and in other capacities, including that of delivery driver, if qualified.
Reports to the Backroom Supervisor, Driver Supervisor and/or Restaurant Manager
* Does not regularly interact with customers or other members of the public.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
* No Education or experience required
ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
* To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or sensory abilities, and skills.
Communication and Problem Solving:
* Able to hear and receive instructions.
* Able to interpret and follow simple instructions
* Able to see clearly to navigate in and around the kitchen and restaurant
* Able to read dials, gauges and thermometers.
* Able to manage time and prioritize tasks.
Physical and Sensory Abilities:
* Demonstrates good hand - eye coordination
* Able to regularly grasp, handle and manipulate with his/her hands
* Able to see, hear and react.
* Able to feel and sense variations in temperature and react to them.
* Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Able to regularly bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* No computer skills or technical skills required.
Dishwashers work primarily within a busy, commercial kitchen. Subject to extremes in temperature and humidity. Exposed to sharp blades, commercial mixers, heating elements and scalding water. Lighting in moderate. Noise levels are moderate to loud. This job description is designed to give and overview of the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities entailed in the performance of this job with Ynot Italian. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
This description is not an employment contract. Employment with Ynot Italian is at-will and may be terminated at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, by either the company or the employee. Job functions and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of management. Advanced notice of such changes may or may not be possible.