The Activities Assistant position has the responsibility of providing activities for the residents and the community.
- Assist the Activities Director in planning, organizing, developing, implementing, directing and actually performing the various activities of the community.
- Under the direction of the Activities Director, design and implement special events for residents, their families, prospects and their families, referral sources, volunteers, and the general community.
- Be prepared for and manage emergency situations including disasters, fire, and no-show employees.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in educational classes and on-the-job training programs as scheduled or directed.
- Participate as assigned in activities, special events, marketing efforts, and special programs.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Successful completion of drug screening.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle records check
- Must obtain a satisfactory criminal record check per State guidelines
- Must have received a tuberculosis screening and physical examination within 12 months prior to employment (or as State guidelines require) to assure that employee is free of diseases communicable within the scope of employment and physically qualifed to work.
- Must have evidence of first aid and CPR certification.
- Must have dementia care training.
- Must be able to work under stress and in emergency situations
- Must be able to work under conditions which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, pushing, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable disease.
- Must be able to effectively convey instructions and information to residents and staff members.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral sources, patients and their families and physicians.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Posting ID: 41564323Posted: 2020-07-14