Statement of the Job
Are you ready for a career opportunity that is more of a daily adventure where you’re appreciated for your hard work? If the above sounds like the career of a life time and you aren’t afraid to put in a little elbow grease and show pride in your work, than you have just found your dream career.
We are looking for hard -working, dedicated, customer focused individuals who enjoy interacting with customers and helping make a difference in the world. We offer both full-time and part-time careers on all 3 shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) allowing employees to select the opportunity that works with their life style.
We empower our employees/ team members to step outside the box to ensure we offer the best in class service to all of our customers each and every day.
Below is a general outline of some of the roles/ responsibilities of our Cashier (this list is not all inclusive):
A cashier’s responsibilities require good communication skills and accurate money handling skills. The cashier will ensure all customer transactions are managed and effectively handled within the company’s policies and procedures as well as within all regulatory requirements, including:
• Efficiently operate cash register, making sure to ring all sales and managing cash and credit cards in accordance with company policies and practice,
• Manage cash flow, count cash, process payments during customer checkout and all other customer transactions.
• Manage customer payments with a point of sale register system.
• Operate lottery/lotto terminal in compliance with all regulations,
Operate gasoline intercom and console, if there is a car wash at the location, must operate the car wash terminal, customer service on any car wash matters, operate shift within all company guidelines.Additionally, our cashiers are expected to perform duties related to:
Manage customer service for location assigned ensuring all customers are respected and given best in class service each and every time they enter any of our stations. This may include some of the following (not limited to):
• greet customers with a smile, be friendly, and offer prompt service,
• greet gasoline customer on intercom (if applicable),
• practice the suggestive sell/ offer other products customer may need for complete satisfaction, thank customer and appreciate every customer for their loyalty, adhere to all city, county, state and federal alcohol and tobacco regulations.
Keep store neat, stocked, and organized including: sweep and mop floors, clean shelving and racks, clean and sanitize restrooms, clean and sanitize all fast food and drink equipment.Perform other tasks assigned by the store manager.
Stocking and Pricing
Ensure all merchandise is kept well stocked and clearly priced with accurate pricing at all times which may also include: stock items on shelf and racks, change syrup box for fountain drinks, keep fast food area stocked with coffee
Oversee assigned shift security for station including but not limited to: complete the shift check-in procedures before starting the shift and complete check-out procedures at the end of the shift.
General Requirements that must be met in order before being considered qualified for opportunity:
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed. Communicate verbally and in writing with various management on store operations in a very quick timeline especially any changes or items that may adversely affect the store’s operations.
• Prepare a shift report at the end of the shift as per company guidelines.
• The following constitute “essential functions” of the job.
• Read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth-grade level.
• Perform arithmetic calculations at the eighth-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for a variety of products during vendor check-in.
• Having the ability to validate Identification prior to selling tobacco and/ or alcohol (as per required under regulations).
• Can lift up to 50 pounds,
• Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products;
• Ability to work in various temperature environments (coolers, outside in various weather conditions, and in the station)