MANAGER IN TRAINING (MIT) JOB DESCRIPTION
The Manager in Training (MIT) is the first step in the Jimmy John’s Management Development Program. MIT is a short-term role (not to exceed 90 days) that provides both work assignments and training opportunities to prepare a MIT to be promoted into an Assistant Manager position. The MIT will learn all functions of a Jimmy John’s restaurant to ensure customer service and high quality products are delivered to ensure restaurant profitability when the General Manager is not on duty. Responsible for the successful execution of fast, accurate sandwiches and world class customer service while maintaining a clean, organized shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties of Inshoppers and drivers.
- Manages a staff of approximately 3 to 50 employees. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees based on performance.
- Provides on the job training for new employees.
- Delegates and is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of all food, labor, equipment, cleaning, and paper supplies for the unit to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft.
- Assists in the supervision of the preparation, sales and service of food.
- Forecasts food items. Estimates what amount of each food item will be consumed per shift.
- Supervises food preparation and service operations while on duty. Assists inshoppers during rush periods to ensure the maintenance of restaurant efficiency.
- Assists inshoppers in greeting customers, taking orders, using the cash register, assembling orders and checking for completeness and correctness.
- Ensure that every customer receives world class customer services.
- Route deliveries and serve drivers to maximize delivery business and speed.
- Completes daily food preparation (opening procedures, meat and vegetable slicing, bread production).
- Completes Closing Procedures.
- Executes systems and procedures with 100% integrity and completeness.
- Completes daily and weekly paperwork.
- Responsible for 100% of the cash drawers at all times during the shift.
- Receives and stores product.
- Audits previous shift’s systems and procedures for 100% integrity and completeness;
- Completes preventive maintenance and upkeep on store’s equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate, read and write the English language fluently and clearly.
- Position requires bending, reaching, stooping, climbing, repetitive motions, cognitive skills, lifting up to 50 pounds, standing and moving about the unit the entire workday.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, current automobile insurance and a clean driving record.
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50-60 hours a week.
- Prior experience in the food industry.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
Posting ID: 43266923Posted: 2021-01-04