Coordinates activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to guests by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, suggestively sells restaurant products and provides menus and beverages in a warm, friendly manner.
- Maintains established standards with regard to: table setting, organization of host station and cleanliness of restaurant, servers' station, plateware, flatware and table service.
- Assigns tables to wait staff of dining room to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- Tracks availability of tables, may assist in bussing and re-setting tables to speed up service provided to guests.
- Stocks and cleans host station.
- Prepares and serves beverages and expedites food orders.
- Collects payment from customers (depending on business unit).
- Totals receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clears cash register (depending on business unit).
- Adjusts complaints of patrons (depending on business unit).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No specific knowledge, education or training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, volume, basic weight and decimals. Ability to count, add, multiply and calculate change using American units of money. Ability to accurately handle cash, credit cards and checks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.