Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine-dining restaurants, fourteen catering facilities, a country inn and five Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people, and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
***Please apply on our Career page directly: https://lessingsinc.peoplematter.jobs/
As a Pastry Cook, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. A Pastry Cook will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
Pastry Cook Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
• Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for bakery.
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew menus and engage the interest of customers.
• Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
• Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
• Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
• Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
• Positive attitude and good communication skills.
• 4+ years experience in baking.
• Culinary degree preferred.