FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Manager on Duty (MOD)
The busser is the link between the host position and the servers. In a busy sales period, bussers can increase productivity by quickly keeping the tables cleaned and re-set for waiting guests.
- Clear, clean and re-set guest tables upon departure.
- Clean chairs, booth seating areas and floors as needed.
- Keep glasses, cups, share plates and to go supplies stocked.
- Brew coffee and tea as needed.
- Deliver water to newly seated tables.
- When requested by host or at hourly intervals, enter bathrooms to check supplies and provide quick cleaning as needed
RESPONSIBILITIES (POS COMPUTER SYSTEM)
Able to read menu items and seat positions from requisition chits
POS Payroll Procedures
- This position will need strong menu knowledge to identify food and correct appearance as well as answer basic questions.
- In the absence of a runner, the busser may assist servers with working with kitchen personnel to organize, garnish, clean and deliver correct plates in order to guests. Deliver by seat number, no “auctioning.”
- Verify correct items delivered before leaving table.
- Notify server of food delivery and any follow up needed and responsibility of follow up action. Server will assume control of pre-setting of needed additional plates or utensils as well as check back after food delivery.
- Bussers will assist in keeping food pass area clean and organized, properly spindle completed orders and restock items as needed or requested.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ALL EMPLOYEES)
- All employees are expected to be part of the Total Service experience and look for ways to provide service to guests and as needed, to each other.
- Provide first-class guest service at all times.
- Adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to multi task, grace under pressure, the ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities and the ability to communicate clearly with guests.
- A sense of balance and physical coordination to handle multiple plates and shifting weights as items are delivered.
- Chosen employees will be team players and possess the ability to work well with others.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Coffee and tea brewers
- Bus tubs, service trays, pizza stands
- Service ware, including glassware, china and silverware
- POS time and tip reporting procedures.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Indoor and outdoor areas with exposure to the outdoor elements at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at the Restaurant and is not a legally binding contract. Clean Plate reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.