WHO WE ARE:
Donatos mission is to promote goodwill through our products and service, principles and people. In order to grow this mission, it is important to achieve our business goals through our growth. Success is achieved by all of us, pulling in the same direction and by exhibiting behaviors that generate positive results.
OUR SUCCESS BEHAVIORS:
Is a “People First” Leader: Serves, inspires and EMPOWERS others to lead through service. Releases and shares power; listens carefully to others and welcomes input from all levels, invests time and energy developing others' potential; promotes empathy and tolerance; recognizes when morale is low and demonstrates concern for associate’s personal well-being; Is transparent and honest and models the behavior expected from others; follows through on promises. Freely admits mistakes, encourages a spirit of cooperation and inspires organizational commitment; articulates a clear vision of the future; looks for new ways to simplify jobs.
Opportunity Seeking: Symbolized by the passion we feel in our heart, this is the entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to find opportunities, create excitement, build enthusiasm, act like an owner and accomplish tasks.
Disciplined: Symbolized by focused clarity we have in our head, this is the logical, strategic, fact based approach to doing business that focuses all of our passionate enthusiasm toward the activities that will make a difference.
Live: A balanced, healthy lifestyle brings you personal power and energy to achieve your dreams.
Love: A clear focus on your values keeps you rooted in what’s important.
Laugh: Understanding and connecting with others builds strong relationships, fun and creativity.
Learn: There is always a better way…. learn, grow, stretch – keep moving forward.
Trust, Integrity, Accountability, Consistency, Hospitality, Creativity, Community Engagement, Leadership, Fairness, Family, Humility
Position Description - Outcome Based
The General Manager is responsible for People Development, Operations Excellence, Sales Growth, Profit Growth and our Customer’s experience (Hospitality). The role of the General Manager is to develop people and build prosperity. The General Manager is the leader in the restaurant, acting as a coach, and providing a restaurant environment that is focused on integrity, honesty and pride. The General Manager provides resources, training and development, and utilizes a systematic and principle-centered management approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Promise. Effective performance for the General Manager is a balance of combined results, utilizing Gold Standard measurements.
- Empowers and allows restaurant associates to make decisions and resolve customer concerns in a way that fully satisfies our customer.
- Knows our customer, is customer engaging, regularly spends time building relationships with our customer.
- Identifies and removes service barriers; ensures the team delivers all elements of Donatos Hospitality / Service Behaviors.
- Is a People Builder, coaching and developing associates to achieve restaurant and personal development goals.
- Provides a People First work environment / service atmosphere by treating Associates as respected guests.
- Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
- Is a problem resolver, remains calm when handling guest complaints and follows correct steps.
- Ensures operations excellence through proper hiring, training and accountability.
- Models performance standards in all zones; primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist.
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods; acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Effectively controls cash and assets, and ensures adherence to cash handling policies.
- Engages the local community; builds strong relationships that result in partnerships within the community, win-win opportunities and sales growth.
- Assumes accountability for P & L results; controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, on hand amounts (food orders /build to / inventory management) and theft during shifts.
- Completes assigned shift paperwork; opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
- Ensures product quality meets Donatos standards and guest expectations.
- Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and sanitation requirements; seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
- Assists associates in career development through the Succession Pathway; ensures the Restaurant Management Team completes training required for promotion to the next level.
- Communicates performance standards and expectations to all team members and provides ongoing feedback on progress toward objectives and results.
- Ensures new Associates receive proper training and understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Promise.
- Conducts Meetings such as product rollout, benefits, new restaurant opening, operating systems, etc.
- Promotes and maintains a Family environment that promotes high, positive energy, encourages learning and offers career development.
Position Description - Outcome Based
The following education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) are required to perform in this role:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Level 2 ServSafe certification
- Internal Candidates must complete required training and development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate ability to impact PFE, SVR and SE
- Six months (internal) experience preferred
- 1 year in similar role for external candidates preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others: builds rapport well: is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Business Acumen – Knows how the business works; knowledgeable in current policies, practices, trends and information affecting his/her restaurant; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence on crisis.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative recommendations when all other efforts have failed; deals effectively with troublemakers
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Developing Direct Reports – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions, is aware of each direct report’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Hiring and Staffing – Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/her for personal gain.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions, set clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each persona and shares ownership visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Position Description - Outcome Based
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.