Summary of Position:
Line Cooks are responsible for supporting kitchen operations by assisting Chefs and other kitchen staff. Line Cooks support culinary leadership in daily tasks and will oversee menu item production and event execution throughout multiple locations and various stations within the arena. Line Cooks can work any kitchen station/location with minimal instruction and have a thorough understanding of station prep and equipment set-up. Line Cooks possess extensive menu knowledge and work with all culinary team members to ensure safety and sanitation standards are maintained in all areas at all times. This is a part-time, event-based position located in the Food and Beverage Department of Anaheim Arena Management, LLC (“AAM”). Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
- Being a Line Cook is demanding and invigorating, gratifying and fun.
- Line Cooks are committed and passionate and love multi-tasking and the intensity of working under pressure.
- A Line Cook is prepared for everything and anything. Execution is key.
- Line Cooks prioritize guest and employee safety.
- Line Cooks strive to build on their skills and improve and expand their base of knowledge every day. Line Cooks are committed to constant improvement.
- Line Cooks take pride in each and every project, process, or interaction. Line Cooks have high standards and know what great food tastes like and how it should look.
- Line Cooks never accept mediocrity.
- Line Cooks are the ultimate team players and respect their fellow employees, chefs, managers, vendors, and customers. Line Cooks understand team communication and team camaraderie.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately follow recipe guidelines to prepare food based on the current menu.
- Display knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and food preparations.
- Complete and maintain on hand inventory/production level for assigned stations at each event.
- Prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Ads seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking, according to personal judgment and experience.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, and slicers.
- Observe and test foods being cooked by tasting and smelling to determine that it is cooked.
- Carve meats, portion food on serving plates, add gravies and sauces, and garnish servings to fill orders.
- May wash, peel, cut, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- May cut, trim, and bone meat prior to cooking.
- May bake bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Perform a variety of kitchen duties, including, but not limited to:
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed vegetables and fruits.
- Clean, cut, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dip food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Weigh and measure designated ingredients.
- Ensure that food temperatures, food quality and appearance of prepared food meet AAM’s established standards.
- Complete daily Time and Temperature logs and use proper equipment and temperature controls to monitor temperatures.
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation standards; especially as it pertains to use of equipment.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products.
- Identify the presence of any of the eight most common food allergens within AAM’s menu items, and follow AAM’s procedures regarding these allergens.
1) Milk; 2) Eggs; 3) Fish (bass, flounder, cod); 4) Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster);
5) Wheat; 6) Peanuts; 7) Tree nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts); and 8) Soybeans
- Engage with venue guests and team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is provided to all guests at all times.
- Display familiarity with the arena, navigate the arena in an efficient manner, and assist guests in navigating the arena.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Work with counterparts in the operations departments to ensure that quality service is provided during all events.
- Other responsibilities and/or tasks as deemed appropriate by the Food & Beverage management team at AAM
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the position.
- Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in all kitchen stations/locations within the arena.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience as a Cook at AAM or equivalent culinary experience.
- Possess excellent knife skills and butchery procedures.
- Possess excellent cooking skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and communicate par levels for any given station.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and various times of day.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures.
- Maintain Safe Food Handler Certification.
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirements.
Posting ID: 48787507Posted: 2020-07-14Job Title: Line Cook - Part-time