We are well known for our homemade flatbread but we know guests will keep coming back for the great food and our amazing people.
At the core of our brand is people. We need great people to grow and continue our outstanding success.
Purpose of the Assistant Manager Position:
Lead a restaurant team to meet and exceed the Mission and Culture of Cosi Inc. Contribute to the success of the restaurant by managing operations according to Cosi standards, policies and procedures. Operations include but are not limited to; production, inventory, cleanliness, staffing, partner development, cash handling, safety, training and guest service.
• Ensure proper set up of the entire restaurant including barista, line, catering and prep areas.
• Ensure all Cosi food and beverage products are prepared according to specifications at all times.
• Review operations performance and productivity in accordance with goals and standards. Correct any deficiencies.
• Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures to improve operating efficiency.
• Assist the general manager with hiring processes and staffing decisions.
• Support sales efforts and general business transactions by developing courteous and productive relationships with guests and vendors.
• React to guest issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Professionally develop team members by conducting regular evaluations against defined
expectations. Correct any deficiencies through coaching, mentoring and instructing.
• Assist the general manager with maintaining employee files.
• Assist General Manager with P&L reporting with specific focus on budget management and financial analysis.
• Coordinate inventory control and management procedures, quality control projects and physical inventories.
• Maintain 100% accuracy with labor management costs by monitoring and directing all fiscal
• Maintain a safe working environment by developing, implementing and directing safety programs.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• We are looking for :
• Previous restaurant Management experience preferred but not required.
• Has a passion for guest service.
• Is confident and seen as a Leader.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Positive attitude.
What's in it for you?
Core Benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision
Vacation and Personal time.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
* Associates Degree. Prefer Hotel/Restaurant management or similar discipline. Will accept a combination or relevant work experience, courses and certifications.
* Minimum 1 year progressive experience in a restaurant management role.
* Proven leader within a restaurant environment with the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal and reach their potential.
* Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in the day-to-day operation.
* Intermediate knowledge of financial management disciplines to include but not limited to - P&L, budget design and management, and financial analysis.
* Strong project management skills from conception to evaluation, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to deadline.
* Ability to formulate flexible strategies and action plans to achieve results.
* Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations that are understandable by the target audience.
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
* Effective interpersonal, influencing, coaching and conflict-resolution skills.
* Demonstrated creativity and sound business judgment.
* Advanced computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office applications and the Aloha POS system (or similar system).
* Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity.
* Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand up for the majority of shift; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment.