WinCup is a leading manufacturer of disposable polystyrene cups, bowls, containers, straws, and lids. The company’s eight manufacturing locations are committed to high-quality products and guaranteeing superior customer service.
For more information, please visit our website: www.wincup.com
To perform mechanical and electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on boilers, air compressors, cooling towers and other support equipment to insure that production efficiencies are maximized with minimum downtime. Perform repairs on building and building systems to include HVAC as needed. Coordinate activities with other maintenance personnel to insure continuity in the completion of maintenance repairs and projects.
· Install, repairs, maintains a variety of complex machinery of mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic nature in accordance with drawing, diagrams, operational manual, manufacturing specifications etc. Uses a variety of tools including specialized tolling and precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Perform weekly and monthly inspections and tests as required.
· Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems.
· Perform and record daily test and inspections on all support equipment and utilities.
· Line shutdowns and start-ups, to ensure all support equipment and utilities are ready for production.
· Assist on equipment overhaul and upgrading as assigned.
· Fabricates simple parts, perform miscellaneous welding and sheet metal work involved in repairing or installation of equipment and tooling.
· Diagnoses trouble, disassembles, determines extend of repairs necessary, replaces or repair defective parts and re-assembles equipment assuring proper functioning and quality performance of such equipment. Performs electrical repairs or installations.
· Plans and prepares repairs of equipment; coordinates shut down of equipment with Plant Management to reduce down time.
· Performs all required preventative maintenance functions to keep equipment in good working order.
· Continuously searches for potential problems and solutions to reduce wear of equipment and tooling.
· Seek innovative ways to increase productivity, extend life of equipment and tooling, while reducing down time.
· Assist other team members as required.
· Follows all safety procedures and participate in safety training.
· Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment and tools.
· Adheres to all good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety (SQF) process requirements, Safety and HACCP.
· Electrical Knowledge is a plus.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 1-3 years of maintenance experience in building and/or equipment maintenance to include most of or all of the following; Boilers, Air Compressors, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, machining and HVAC.
· Parts fabrication experience required including but not limited to safe operation of lathes, milling machines, sheet metal bending, drills and other hand tools.
· Must be able to use basic machine shop and electrical measuring tools.
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude required for troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing equipment.
· Basic knowledge of schematics and machine prints
· Must possess basic math and PC skills.
· Must be able to read and understand operation manuals and manufacturing specification information provided in English.
· Must be able to successfully complete LOTO training, forklift training and fire extinguisher training.
· Ability to speak, read and write English in order to carry out instructions and communicate with others as needed.
· Self directed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands : While performing duties of this job, employee is required to stand; walk; bend; stoop; climb, use ladders; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach or grasp with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to:
_______25 pounds __X____50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to extreme heat. Employee may also have occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate. Safety requirements for this position are safety glasses, hearing protection, and hair / beard net.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
WinCup is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status or disability.