CEFCO Convenience Stores are looking for skilled Assistant Store Managers to join their team.
The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, invests in creating strong working relationships through the organization, and acts with confidence and integrity with an eye towards solutions.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
The Assistant Store Manager assumes responsibility and demonstrates their ability to perform the day-to-day execution of store operations for their assigned area ensuring exceptional customer service and operational excellence. This includes providing leadership and direction in assigned areas of key business metrics, sales and profitability, merchandising, selling and customer service, asset protection and safety. In addition, the Assistant Store Manager also assists with the recruiting, selection, staffing, training, coaching and developing subordinate team members.
• Drives all aspects of store level sales and profitability for assigned area.
• Assists with the recruitment, selection and training a team of qualified and dedicated store associates based on competencies and key performance indicators.
• Maintains all standards of store operations in assigned area including visual presentation, security, inventory control, human resources, expense control and operational policies and procedures.
• Ensures adherence and compliance of each associate with the CEFCO Standards of Conduct and all other Company Policies.
• Reviews key performance metrics with staff to drive profitability and service in the store.
• Manages the maintenance of the appearance of the interior and exterior of the store.
• Ensures product mix and inventory levels are properly maintained to increase and maximize store sales.
• Schedules employee hours within established guidelines.
• Performs sales transactions (ringing purchases, processing cash or credit/debit payments, counting money) along with the security of cash, inventory, and other Company assets.
• Prepares or supervises preparation of all paperwork as specified by Store Manager and/or Company Policy.
• Funds reconciliations and inventory audits for assigned area of operation.
• Complies with and enforce all state, local, and federal laws within the scope of the Convenience/Food Store operations.
• Follows and instructs all rules of the Dept. of Health and Company rules in the preparation of food and store maintenance.