We are looking for a goal-oriented Bakery Team Member who thrives on being successful. El Rio Grande Latin Market offers professional opportunities for career growth and development to individuals seeking to make an impact.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Take customer orders and provide customer service.
- Effectively operate cash register and tally customer purchases.
- Count money accurately, effectively, and quickly.
- Package, weigh and price Bakery department merchandise.
- Maintain overall department appearance and replenish Bakery display.
- Perform customer service, clean-up, packaging, and inventory of products.
- Follow established Weights and Measures procedures (tares) mandated by the state.
- Suggest Bakery department products and services to customers.
- Operate equipment and machinery such as baler, forklift, etc. based on operational needs.
- Other duties common to the Bakery department may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Bakery department customer service role preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services - this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Follow company health and safety rules and wear protective equipment when and where applicable.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local, State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
Posting ID: 509876811Posted: 2020-10-09