Keeps hotel lobby breakfast/refreshment area or concierge room stocked and in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets and greet guests and answers questions and inquiries.
- Puts away weekly delivery of supplies and rotates stock.
- Re-stocks food and beverage items on bar as guests deplete them and puts away food and supplies at end of meal period.
- Washes dishes and breakfast food trays.
- Cleans waffle irons and microwaves.
- Clears and wipes counters and tables, places centerpieces on tables and removes salt/pepper shakers.
- Fills coffee pots before leaving.
- Fills hot water dispenser and electric steamers to prepare for the next day.
- Disposes of trash and wipes down trash cans.
- Breaks down cardboard boxes and carries out to the trash/recycling receptacle
- Vacuums and mops dining area and pantry.
- Organizes pantry.
- Completes pantry communication log for other shifts and hotel employees to review.
- Communicates inventory shortages, maintenance issues, or guest complaints to manager.
- Assists with cleaning public restrooms, pool area, fitness center, main lobby, sleeping rooms or laundry or special cleaning projects as requested.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No specific knowledge, education or training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read some two- and three syllable words and to recognize similarities/differences between words and numbers. Ability to print and/or to speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to read, write and recognize numbers, comprehend signs and symbols.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat from hot water and hot plates. The employee is occasionally exposed to blood-borne pathogens and a mild risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.