What Does a San Martin Barista Do?
San Martin baristas perform several job duties and provide customer service. Baristas at San Martin take orders and make coffee, tea, and other drinks to customer specifications. San Martin baristas may also operate cash registers and credit card machines. Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies. San Martin also offers beer and wine as drink options for our customers.
Baristas may field customer complaints or questions, as well. Baristas at San Martin also must often clean coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms, and preparation areas during a normal shift. Baristas work to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
1) Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
2) Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
3) Clean service or seating areas.
4) Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
5) Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
6) Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
7) Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
8) Receive and process customer payments.
9) Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
10) Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
11) Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
12) Take out garbage.
13) Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
14) Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
Baristas may also take advantage of several San Martin job benefits. Qualified San Martin baristas receive health benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. Eligible baristas at San Martin may also enjoy 401(k) retirement programs and paid vacation time.