Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.
Hunts Ace Hardware is a member of the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the industry. Ace Hardware began as a small chain of stores in 1924 and has grown to include more than 5,000 stores in 50 states and more than 70 countries.
This store has always been family owned and run. George & Dorothy Hanses opened at this location in 1957. Their niece and her spouse, Sue and Ken Hunt, bought them out in 1968. They did 2 additions to the store in 1977 and 2003 as their business grew. They sold the business to their son, Thomas Hunt in 2004 who continues to run the business to this day. We are all committed to being "the Helpful Place" by offering our customers knowledgeable advice, helpful service and quality products. As the helpful hardware folks in your community, we promise that, "Helping you is the most important thing we have to do today."
The Sales Associate will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness. All employees will be cross trained as a cashier.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of Hunt's Ace Hardware.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Department Specialists, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Operate forklift with proper training.
• Communicate any Store Support Center issue to General Manager for follow up.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
All employees will train to do cashiering and window/screen repair.
High School or GED equivalent.
Formal retail experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50lbs) and climbing ladders.
Posting ID: 517776560Posted: 2019-12-09