SOS Security has immediate job opening for Unarmed Security Officers-Floater
in Haymarket, VA Responsibilities
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence, which may include exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations
- Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
- Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
- Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
- Monitor surveillance cameras as needed to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
- Provide “Security with a smile" to ensure security is friendly and approachable always
- Experience as security officer preferred, but will train right candidates
- Knowledge or ability to learn legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Familiarity with report writing
- Excellent customer service and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with computer experience, surveillance systems or able to learn
- Trained or able to take First Aid/Basic Life Support and self-defense training
- State security officer licenses / ability to obtain; provided for right applicants
- Able to stand and/or walk for long periods (up to 50 per hour), andclimb stairs and ladders for emergency purposes.
- Pass background and initial/ongoing drug testing
- 18 years old and authorized to work in the US
- High School diploma or GED is required
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Benefits are available for Full Time employees:
- Leave: Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Medical (Must work 30 hours minimum per week)
- Retirement: 401K
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
*SOS Security will supply Uniforms*
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.