Cook I, UnityPoint Health Trinity - Rock Island
FTE: 0.4, 16 hours/week) T BenefitsShift: 5:00 AM through 8:00 pm (16 hours per week) Schedule may vary.
Maintains high standards of quality food production, service, and portion control in food preparation for the patient, cafeteria, and special functions of the hospital.
At UnityPoint Health®, our Nutrition and Food Service Team Members play a key role in the patient and family experience. In alignment with our culture, their positive, day to day interactions with patients, families and guests help impact the lives of the people we serve. Delivering a clean, safe and tasty product with a concierge service, our team members provide our patients with the nutrition they need to get back on their feet.
CHOOSE A REWARDING CAREER
- On-the-Job Training
- Tuition Assistance (.4 FTE and higher)
- Growth Opportunities
- Key Role in the Patient & Family Experience
- Variety of Shift Opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Visible Executive Team
Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Join our team today!
- Prepares meats, cold plates, sandwiches and short orders as needed for the patient tray line, cafeteria, and special functions using standardized recipes.
- Assists in set-up of patient tray line and meal service; serves in cafeteria and on patient tray line as assigned.
- Determines quantities of foods and adjusts recipes to prepare based on menu, prior use, and current census needs.
- Checks the temperature, taste, and appearance of all food as it leaves the production area to be served.
- Prepares box lunches and box breakfast for patients and according to daily schedule.
- Responsible for storage of perishable foods, use of left-over foods, and the avoidance of unnecessary waste. Rotates supplies to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Assists Lead and Manager with the development and standardization of recipes.
- Slices and portions meats.
- Requisitions food supplies from stockroom. Restocks work area daily.
- Delivers finished foods to service area.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in food production and service.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area at appropriate intervals, including weekly cleaning, and at the end of the workday. (Including small equipment and utensils).
On the job training provided.
Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience: Basic food production knowledge, prior food service experience desirable.
Required Skills/Knowledge/Experience: Illinois Certified Sanitarian Certificate required. Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions. Must speak and understand English. Working knowledge of food sanitation .