Safeway Deli Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
2. Help Deli Manager to train, schedule, and supervise deli workers.
3. Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction of service, or other problems.
4. Perform inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
5. Replace stock in displays surrounding deli cases.
6. Operate various food preparation machines.
7. Use scales and volume measures to apportion product correctly.
8. Obtain, transport, and unload freight.
9. Maintain cleanliness of deli area of the store.
10. Perform temperature and tare checks daily.
11. Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
12. Make price signs for displays as needed.
13. Total bill, count payment, and make change.
14. Take deli orders over telephone or in person.
15. Other duties as assigned.