POSITION TITLE: Meat Cutter
REPORTS TO: Meat Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To cut meat and related products in a variety, size, quality, and trim as directed by company standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Cut and trim all merchandise as directed by company standards.
2) Price and display product in cases as directed by Meat Manager or Meat Supervisor.
3) Maintain a clean and sanitary work, display, and storage areas.
4) Communicate temperature failure of cases and storage areas to manager in charge.
5) Maintain good customer service relations by providing prompt and courteous service at all times.
6) Observe policies and procedures established by the department.
7) Observe all local, state, and federal health weights and measures laws.
8) Abide by all company policies stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in wrapping and packaging of product when needed.
2) Receive, weigh, and breakdown meats and related products.
3) Maintain operating equipment and follow OSHA regulations.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Ability to read and write to properly tag product.
2) Must have dexterity in hands to enable the cutting and trimming of the meats.
3) Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds at least forty percent (40%) of the time.
4) Should have at least one year experience as a meat wrapper.
Posting ID: 525311558Posted: 2019-10-18