This position’s primary responsibility is to support Reston Association’s Lake House property operations and reservations. This position is a part of a team that provides customer service, administrative support, event coordination and marketing/sales support to Association members, the general public, and RA staff while working at the Lake House and the Reston Association Headquarters office. This position has special and specific focus on the Lake House and works under the general supervision of the Member Services Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the coordination of Lake House reservations, including responding to in-person, telephone, and e-mail inquiries for information about the venue, generating rental contracts, using on-line reservations software, taking payments, and issuing security deposit refunds.
- Provides tours and hosts Open Houses for prospective customers; responsible for set-up/break-down of tables, chairs, and AV equipment; acts as on-site staff liaison during events.
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of the outside deck and kitchen/pantry; i.e., cabinets, appliances, dinnerware, supplies, etc. Keeps pantry well-stocked with supplies. Empties trash cans and cleans tables/chairs between events if needed.
- Maintains the Lake House to create an inviting and informative visitor area with information displays, including flyers, magazines, etc. related to Association programs, events, and merchandise.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with co-workers, RA staff and outside vendors to ensure successful execution of meetings and events.
- Plays a primary role in marketing and securing renters at the Lake House to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Partner with Member Services Supervisor to order and maintain needed supplies.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and excellent attention to detail.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekday evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and maintains regular and reliable attendance, abiding by established Association policies and procedures.
- Maintains a professional work environment, workspace, and appearance.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative, customer service or sales capacity; or equivalent combination of related education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Certification or ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Hours: This position does require weekend and evening hours.
Posting ID: 525315467Posted: 2019-10-29