Residential Direct Care Staff - Now Hiring
6344 Roy Webb Rd
Piedmont, AL 36272
Rotating 4 days on, 3 days off schedule! $1000 retention bonus and get a paid day for your interview!! Information below.
The Learning Tree offers a community-based residential option for children and adolescents, ages 6-21, that have significant behavior challenges. Their educational services are delivered in one of our community-based school campuses. Individualized instructional programs are provided in a nurturing, supportive environment using applied behavior analysis (ABA) principles. Our program provides each child 24-hour care in a homelike setting that is suited to their unique and special needs. Other services include vocational skill training, advanced medical services, applied behavior analysis, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dietary services and more.
Educational services are certified by the Alabama Department of Education. Homes are certified by Alabama Department of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Providing in-home services and following daily activity schedules for our students in their assigned group homes according to company standards. This includes engaging individuals in meaningful activities, providing community outings in a manner that are meaningful for those living at The Learning tree and providing and documenting medication administrations according as prescribed.
- Implementing training programs and behavior procedures appropriately and correctly with our students.
- Ensuring that the assigned group home is clean and properly organized
- Completing all required documentation and collecting all data correctly, assisting with developing plans and reports as needed.
- Reporting of all needed maintenance in timely manner, maintaining adequate communication with other employees, and requesting needed items for providing the services in the group home.
- Participating in all required in-service training (all required training within our company is paid training)
- Participating in crisis management procedures, to include, but not limited to: lifting and lowering individuals to and from the floor, standing from kneeling position and dropping to kneeling position while physically controlling an individual, blocking attempted blows and bites, transporting individuals in crisis state, and deflecting blows from thrown objects.
- Completing other duties determined by Coordinator of Residential Services to be necessary to ensure the care, welfare, safety, and security of the students.
- Our direct care schedule is a rotating, 4 days on 3 days off schedule. This means that your days on and off shift will rotate, where you will have some "traditional" weekends (Saturday & Sunday) where you are on and some "traditional" weekends that you have off! Individuals typically have at least one full, "traditional" weekend off per month. The available shifts are as follows:
- First Shift (7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) Starting Pay is $14 per hour
- Second Shift (2:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.) Starting Pay is $14 per hour
- Third Shift (10:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.) Starting Pay is $12 per hour
Requirements and Preferences:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal standards
- Minimum of a high school diploma is required.
- Good driving record preferred.
- Excellent Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Orthodontic Health Insurance -- Complementary Vision and $100,000 life insurance policy through Lincoln Life Insurance
- Employer Match 403(b) Retirement Account
- Generous Discretionary Leave Policy -- start at 24 days a year!
- Paid Training and Professional Development
- $1000 Retention Bonus throughout your first year of employment
- Get your interview paid upon completion of orientation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
All employees are encouraged to wear masks during their shift, especially when working directly with students. Sanitizing stations and supplies are available.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jacksonville, AL 36265: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
$10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Piedmont, AL 36272 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Piedmont, AL 36272 Urgently Hiring $12.00-$14.00 Full-time Piedmont, AL 36272 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Piedmont, AL 36272 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Piedmont, AL 36272 $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Gadsden, AL 35901 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Gadsden, AL 35901 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Attalla, AL 35954 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Attalla, AL 35954 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Steele, AL 35987 Urgently Hiring $10.00 to $12.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Steele, AL 35987 Urgently Hiring