The Seattle Division has an opening for a Store Director at Store 1235 located in Yakima, WA.
Monitors, enforces, and supports execution of the division merchandising plan for their department in assigned stores.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall management responsibility for operation of retail grocery store, including store performance, control of cash, inventory and security, customer services, and management of staff.
- Track, analyze and take action to improve store performance by forecasting of weekly/daily sales goals and meeting or exceeding established goals. Communicate sales goals, department performance and sales opportunities with staff to ensure positive results.
- Forecast, schedule, and monitor labor to be consistent with store sales and productivity guidelines and wage budgets; create action plan to address cost control issues.
- Develop and direct execution of strategies to improve product placement and appearance.
- Monitor display accuracy and appearance to implement promotions. Ensure that products are properly displayed and ordered in a manner to maintain in-stock conditions.
- Manage issues relating to store maintenance, cleanliness, safety and sanitation.
- Oversee and monitor handling of cash and accounting. Ensure store is secured.
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage time and resources so that work objectives are met.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures, including check cashing, security, safety, sanitation, wage and hour, etc.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide customers with superior customer service through use of best practices and communication of the importance of superior customer service.
- Select, train, develop, and manage job performance of store employees, with assistance of other management personnel.
- Provide constructive suggestions and encouragement, set performance expectations, provide honest feedback, and identify assignments to provide others with developmental opportunities.
- Maintain appropriate professional relationship with union officials, and ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement provisions, if applicable.
- Maintain positive working relationships with direct reports, peers, supervisors, suppliers, and customers effectively handling complex or difficult situations involving others.
- Motivate others to perform the job and work towards common objectives. Serve as a role model to others instilling a positive attitude in his/her employees.
Qualifications: The following are preferred:
- 3 years' management experience responsible for managing a department/team within a multi-department operation within the retail industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree is preferred.
- Strong customer service and supervisory skills.
- Strong understanding of overall store operations.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Internal applicants must be current Store Directors or have successfully passed the Store Director Selection Process.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Work may involve regular standing, walking, climbing stairs and movement in and around machinery and hazardous equipment, as well as receiving and production areas
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
- Position may require some travel, including occasional weekend travel
- Workday is fast paced and stressful.
Posting ID: 525456286Posted: 2020-07-14