Performs routine manual labor involved in and/or related to Golf Course maintenance (performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work.) Ability to operate small hand powered equipment and occasionally performs work involving larger equipment / machines (Tractors, Fairway Units, Triplex Mowers, Walking Mowers, etc.)
1. Maintains golf course by mowing, trimming, top dressing, treating turf, maintenance of bunkers, hole changing, hedge trimming and general maintenance.
2. Operates golf course equipment.
3. Participates in daily set up of the golf course for play.
4. Mows greens, tees, aprons and approaches to greens, roughs, and other areas of the golf course.
5. Aerifies greens, verticuts tees and greens, and spikes greens as assigned.
6. Prepare and plant sod and seed to greens, tees, and fairways as assigned.
7. Keeps golf course maintenance equipment fueled, oiled and inspected.
8. Ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations.
9. Performs special projects delegated by management.
10. Stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the location.