To help diagnose specific diseases and treat insects that affect critical areas of the course. As well as identify and treat unwanted vegetation, using both preventative and curative methods. Assist in the use and establishment of Integrated Pest Management program.
1. Spray prescribed amounts of fertilizer, insecticide, herbicide and fungicide, using hoses and truck-mounted tank, taking care not to injure turf or shrubs.
2. Fill sprayer tank with chemicals and water according to formula, using hose or pump. Pull spray hose from truck mounted reel, turn knob, press lever, and point nozzle selected according to site characteristics, such as type of infestation, wind direction and velocity, and terrain. May use portable spray equipment.
3. Assist superintendent with correct calibrations of all spray equipment.
4. Assist superintendent in planning current and long-range spray programs.
5. Maintain daily spray records.
6. Assist superintendent in maintaining proper chemical inventory.
7. Post notification of any spray application to customers.
8. Responsible for the direct preventive maintenance of all equipment associated with the task of spraying.
9. Read, understand and keep current with all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
10. Perform routine safety inspections on all spraying equipment.
11. Maintain chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state and federal regulations. Responsible for the safety of all helpers.
Education and Experience
1. One to three years golf course experience - Required.
2. Completion of training requirements as demanded by the state and federal governments, including those required by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard - Required.
3. Current state certification or licensing as pesticide applicator, American Red-Cross first-aid training - Required.
4. Complete knowledge of chemical application equipment - Required.
5. Ability to recognize healthy and unhealthy turf, identification of weeds, insects and diseases. Mathematical calibrations - Required.
6. Ability to lift up to 80 pounds - Required.
7. Valid driver's license - Required.
Posting ID: 53569135Posted: 2019-10-20