As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Head Night Stocker provides friendly, courteous, and
helpful service. The Head Night Stocker faces merchandise on shelves in a retail grocery store: Opens
cases of merchandise using a company approved box cutter. Places individual items on shelves in the
specified location. Faces items by pulling them forward to edge of display for attractive appearance. Dusts
and washes shelves as needed. Checks temperatures in cold cases, coolers, and freezers. Responsible for
store security. Maintain all aisles with a clear walkway. May occasionally function as cashier/checker. Bail
cardboard and clean floors. Orders grocery using a hand held ordering device. Writes schedule for the
department and trains new workers.
Safeway Head Night Stocker employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
1. Schedule, supervise, train, and assign duties to night crew employees.
1. Load stock onto six-wheelers, or use pallet jack to move merchandise. Push loaded six-wheeler to
1. Open cases and carry product to display area.
1. Replace stock on shelves. Face and straighten up shelves.
1. Write Grocery order.
1. Operate electronically scanning cash register to total customers' final bill.
1. Receive payment for customer purchase and count back correct change.
1. Bag groceries in plastic, canvas or paper bags. Lift bags into grocery cart. Offer customer assistance
with carry out, and perform that task if a Courtesy Clerk is not available.
1. Responsible for overseeing employee and customer on-site accidents.
1. Maintain cleanliness of store.
1. Other duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 535868075Posted: 2020-10-14