Overview Position Overview
Our Full-time Designer and Sales positions are responsible for designing and selling amazing custom closets and other storage and organization solutions. We are looking for a sophisticated representative who has experience with interior design, showroom sales or high-end sales. Who Are You?
You are a polished professional who is relationship- and numbers-driven, highly organized and results-oriented. You are bold and confident, completely approachable and know how to make customers feel at home. You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and are adept at closing the sale. You likely have previous retail sales experience in a high-end or luxury retail store. You are a role-model in the store, motivating and supporting company initiatives and coaching effective selling behaviors with other employees. You have strong computer skills in programs like Salesforce, Outlook, Word and Excel. Most importantly, you have a passion for helping people create beautifully designed and organized spaces in their home. Responsibilities What Will You Be Doing?
The Benefits of Working Here
- Designing and selling luxury custom closets
- Managing and maintaining multiple, simultaneous customer projects through all phases of the projects with a high level of accuracy
- Collaborating and communicating with customers to design and present projects and customized plans in a clear and professional manner
- Working a 38-40 hour-a-week schedule which include s daytime, evenings and weekend shifts
- Closing sales efficiently while building repeat and referral business
- Actively researching and sharing custom closet systems product information to effectively sell using solution-based selling
- Collaborating with store leadership, store employees and corporate partners to seamlessly complete projects from inquiry to installation
- Enthusiastically driving, motivating and supporting all company initiatives by modeling and coaching productive behaviors with store employees to achieve store and other goals
- Remaining current with The Container Store training, selling, product knowledge, processes and philosophies when interacting with internal and external partners
- Actively leading and participating in the daily maintenance of the custom closets showroom and visual presentation of the store
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to an employee-first culture, ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. ?Some of our benefits include:
Qualifications What You Bring To Us
- Competitive Pay?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Discount: 50% on elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 30% on Installation
- Ongoing training?
- 401(k) plan and discretionary match?
- Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
- You have worked for 2-5 years in outside sales with a successful track record
- You bring stellar design skills and spatial intelligence to the table
- You have worked in Salesforce or other Customer Relations Management tools in the past
- You love to engage with people. You are passionate about connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, concise, compassionate communication.
- You likely have a college degree
- People say you have a heart for service. You love to sell. For you, it’s about learning what a customer truly needs and offering suggestions.
- You are always learning! You are very comfortable with Outlook, Word and Excel and eager to learn new technologies for efficiency.
- People notice your excellent communication and follow-up skills
- You want to delight the people around you and can’t wait to share that at The Container Store!
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with the
Americans with Disabilities Act.
Stores Physical Requirements
State Specific Notices
Posting ID: 537700465Posted: 2019-11-11