Safeway, Inc. Seattle Division
Page 1 of 2
Job Title: Price Changer-File Maintenance
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Price Changer-File Maintenance clerk provides friendly,
courteous, and helpful service. Ensures that price tags placed throughout the store are consistent with
item prices as recorded within the store computer. Researches and corrects incorrect prices. Prepares
tags and places them appropriately throughout the store. Maintains pricing records using computer.
Prepares other stock and end display signs.
Safeway Price Changer-File Maintenance employees are generally responsible for completing the
following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
1. Print signs for displays using computer.
1. Place signs on shelves.
1. Audit bulletins for pricing errors.
1. Use telxon to check prices posted on shelves throughout the store for accuracy and consistency with
1. Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
1. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or
1. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
1. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
1. Organization and detail oriented.
1. Knowledge of store layout and product location.
1. Ability to work independently.
Limited. May oversee assistant Price Changer.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements
%Inside: 100% %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: N/A
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Six-wheeled cart, grocery cart, pens/pencils, markers, telxon, telephone/intercom, computer, printer
Safeway, Inc. Seattle Division
SAFEWAY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Page 2 of 2
Job Title: Price Changer/File Maintenance
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-10 lbs.
Frequently pushes/pulls 1-10 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder reaching to prepare and place signs and operate computer keyboard.
Occasional at or above shoulder level reaching. Seldom overhead reaching.
Constant standing while on job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Frequent walking while on job.
Seldom. May use step stool to place higher signs.
Frequent neck rotation, bending of head, bending/stooping, crouching, and kneeling. Seldom twisting and
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent fine finger manipulation and repetitive motion.
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around store area and push carts in aisles.
Frequent use of near vision to prepare tags, signs, and to view computer monitor.
To converse with customers, co-workers, and supervisors. May answer intercom pages and converse on
To answer customer questions, converse with co-workers, and supervisors. May answer intercom pagers
and speak over telephone.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet
overall job requirements.
Posting ID: 540679157Posted: 2020-10-14