Merakey is currently seeking a full-time, 3rd Shift Behavioral Health Worker to join our Behavioral Health Division in our York, PA location.
- High school diploma/GED with either 6+ months experience in a mental health related field or college coursework in human services related field.
- Associate's/Bachelor's human services related degree preferred.
- Experience working with individuals in a residential or community settings is preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
Pay Rate: $14.42 - $16.57/hour; full time with benefits
Wk 1: Sun 12a-8a, Mon 4p-12a, Thurs 12a-8a, Fri 12a-8:30a, Sat 12a- 8:30a
Wk 2: Sun 12a-8a, Mon 4p-12a, Thurs 12a-8:30a, Fri 12a-8a, Sat 12a-8a
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Displays knowledge of and implements resident treatment plans. Participates in the treatment planning process as assigned.
- Engage consumers in appropriate life skills to develop abilities to live as independently as possible.
- Safely and respectfully manages agitated consumers with appropriate use of de-escalation techniques.
- Provide clear and accurate documentation.
- Provide care and treatment in a manner that considers the rights, safety, comfort and overall therapeutic environment for consumers.
- Report all consumer crisis and or unusual incidents immediately to the Program Director/ Supervisor.
- Support individuals in the performance of household activities (cleaning, organizing, laundry, etc).
- Teach and promote various activities of daily living (money management, hygiene, time management, keeping a schedule, social and leisure activities, etc).
- Assist in developing and implementing activities to increase skills in independent and community living, socialization/leisure time and to build on strengths to promote positive growth for the consumer.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
In addition to completing your application, you may email your resume to our recruiter at email@example.com
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!