To assist directing and supervising all facets of the Logistics, Transportation and Warehouse departments.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assist in scheduling store shipments, special activities, trash disposal including hazardous waste in an effective manner.
2. Assist with all necessary paperwork including daily truck and driver reports, collection reports, BIT inspections, and accident reports.
3. Provide safety equipment to employees and maintain a safe work environment, audit first aid kits and road safety equipment.
4. Assist in scheduling regular maintenance on all company vehicles and rolloff containers, ensure the work is done correctly and economically.
5. Use Kaizen methods of efficiency with continued focus on the most efficient routing of trucks, reduction in trash, and effective organization of the warehouse.
6. Supervise the dock crew unloading rolloff containers to maximize donation value and minimize trash.
7. Perform routine checks on all trucks before and after being driven.
8. Supervise warehouse staff and forklift drivers in cooperation with Warehouse Supervisor.
9. Assist in Monitoring GPS systems to ensure drivers are working as scheduled and in an efficient manner.
1. Understand the basic mission of Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties and be willing to participate fully in furthering that cause.
2. Knowledge and experience in supervising personnel.
3. Knowledge and experience in motorized equipment, experience driving 26,000 lb. GVW vehicles.
4. Ability to lift, pull, push up to 75 lbs.
5. Frequent bending, stooping, squatting.
6. Ability to make independent decisions and prioritize.
7. Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with employees and the general public.
8. Able to work Monday through Sunday
9. Punctual and dependable attendance.
10. Wear appropriate protective footwear.
11. Free from drug and alcohol abuse.
Posting ID: 541926558Posted: 2019-12-12