Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.
The Special Events & Promotions Representative will assist the Special Events team in the planning, preparation, communication, set-up and close-out, and onsite execution of Special Events and Promotions at Golden Nugget Lake Charles, including but not limited to: Slot Tournaments, Table Game Tournaments, gift giveaways, player parties, host events, 24K Select Club tier events, digital and kiosk promotions, and more.
The Special Events & Promotions Representative candidate must:
Special Events - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be 21 years of age
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Louisiana Gaming Badge
- Be able to regularly work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Move and lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Feel comfortable working closely with public guests on the casino floor and speaking into a microphone; and thrive in a busy environment with multiple events and promotions the same day
General - Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently delivers positive, courteous and professional service in all interactions with guests, vendors, department heads, executives and fellow team members
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and demeanor while performing work-related functions
- Communicates timely and accurate information to guests, department heads, co-workers and vendors about Special Events and Promotions
- Maintains organized files and folders both electronically and in physical office space
- Contacts inter-departmental staff and department heads to plan, review and confirm event logistics and items such as gifts, décor and prizes
- Assists in the placement and removal of stanchion ropes, metal stanchion signage, counter signage, chairs and tables, podiums and other physical set-up requirements
- Prepares registration items for Special Events, including guest lists, entrance tickets, seating maps, ticket packets, welcome packets and other collateral as needed
- Assists with registration and ticket distribution to guests for Special Events
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. May be instructed by management to perform other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
- Safeguard confidential information of all employee, department and company records
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of an observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office environments and outside environments across the property, often standing for long hour