A Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst), under minimal supervision, works to ensure a given software system meets all applicable O'Reilly standards and release specific requirements. QA Analysts develop and implement test plans/cases for new and existing systems. QA Analyst will lead testing efforts and work independently with IS developers to ensure software quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform various types of testing including Unit, Integration and Regression, DB validation, system testing as needed.
- Provide assessment of product quality at key milestones to project stakeholders.
- Create and execute complex test plans/cases for full requirement coverage and traceability.
- Evaluates priority of defect based on overall application functionality.
- Starts participating in decisions that shape standards and processes for QA Team.
- Typically leads and participates in complex projects.
- May start leading the work of others.
- Exercises solid judgment within defined IS/QA procedures and practices.
- Good technical knowledge as it relates to the O'Reilly tech stack and project development life cycle.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of software applications and testing best practices.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to team members they lead.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of SQL and Linux.
- Solid understanding of iSeries commands and file structures.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field.
- 3+ years of quality assurance testing experiences.
- Some leadership skills.
Posting ID: 543424147Posted: 2020-01-03