Job DescriptionDirector of Sales
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Golden Nugget Lake Charles is seeking a Director of Sales
to join our team. We hire individuals that are committed to providing a remarkable guest experience. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to growth and leadership opportunities. What we offer you:
What you can expect to do:
- Multiple benefit plans to suit your needs
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunities for advancement
- Positive and respectful work environment where diversity is valued
- Generous employee discounts
- Community volunteer opportunities with Landry’s League
Apply now if you:
- To supervise the total sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervision of sales related personnel, and implementation of sales and marketing strategies to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining exemplary customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
- Lead all Sales and Marketing initiatives required to ensure Group Sales and Individual Business Transient opportunities are maximized for the property.
- Ensure Sales team is properly deployed and hold accountable to the creation of quarterly SMART plans with defined strategies, actions and measurable goals.
- Work closely with the Revenue Management team, Catering and Conference Planning to ensure the proper yield and selling guidelines are in place to effectively maximize all revenue streams.
- Build company profits by consistently delivering positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce groups and/or convention business, to include Room Sales, F & B Sales and Catering/Banquet.
- Maintains liaison with other hotel – level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Strategize with Executive Committee counterparts to develop a consistent, unified message of the property’s long and short term goals.
- Assist the General Manager in the creation and update of the hotel – level Business Plan and Budget.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets and oversee the incentive plan for the Sales team.
- Maintains good rapport with local CVB and Chamber of Commerce, and other local civic groups and companies.
- Take an active role in participating in community events in order to enhance the property’s reputation as a trusted community partner.
- Enforces all sales related policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains client files, proper use of Delphi and all related sales databases and lead logs.
- Recruit, select, train, coach, counsel, recognize and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce excellence in business operations and guest service.
- Stay abreast of current business trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicate pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and employees as appropriate.
- Promote positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
- Aspire to our “Be FAIR” ideals: Be Friendly, Accommodating, Inclusive, and Respectful
- Proven ability to drive and exceed individual and team goals.
- Proven ability to build lasting relationships with guests, established client book an asset.
- Have experience in and a passion for Hospitality.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the business needs, which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, sales, business administration or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of successful sales management experience.
Posting ID: 545173398Posted: 2020-01-29