Preschool Teacher: Lead Teacher 2 Year Olds
Responsible for the education, safety, health and well-being of up to 13 children 24 to 36 months of age.
1. Responsible for setting up and maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment for 2 year olds.
2. Direct and assist children through daily care routines. (ex. diaper change/potty train, meal times, wash hands etc.)
3. Plan and deliver developmentally appropriate and child centered instructional curriculum. (curriculum theme provided, also must be comfortable teaching Christian curriculum.
4. Maintain GLCA policies & procedures.
Knowledge and skills for this position:
Knowledge of child growth and development theories, health and safety practices. Must have 6 months prior teaching experience in a licensed preschool environment. Be comfortable communicating with parents, team player and reliable. Physically capable of lifting, holding, or carrying a child weighing up to 30 lbs.
· 18 years and older, must be teachable
· 6 months experience
· Current fingerprint clearance card
· First Aid and CPR certificate
· Food Handler license (if hired, can obtain before start date)
· Negative TB skin test within last 12 months (if hired, can obtain before start date)
· Desire to teach in a Christian Environment