Dal Industries has an opening for a Senior Shop Mechanic. The responsibilities include repairing and maintaining a fleet of various sized Versa-Lift forklifts (rental fleet) while also servicing our fleet of Freightliner and Kenworth tractors, and Trailers (RGN and Landoll) that keep our operation clicking on all cylinders 24/7.
Qualifications & Skills:
- History of safe work habits and ability to enforce safety in shop and on yard.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment; tractors, trailers and forklifts. Specializes in repairing and troubleshooting major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- High school diploma or GED; Vocational or mechanical training in hydraulic systems and diesel
- Extensive Mechanical and Electrical Training and Engine Certifications
- Performs annual certifications and DOT inspections
- History of working on tractors and trailers (flatbed, van, RGN, Landoll), heavy equipment, forklifts
- Proficient in reading electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ensures PM’s are performed on schedule for our tractors, trailers and fleet of forklifts
- Performs check-in / check-out of rental equipment, documenting damage and compiling repair estimates promptly for billing
- Ability to troubleshoot forklift equipment issues with rental customers over the phone, to minimize customer downtime and Dal expense
- Documents labor hours and parts expenses for PM’s and Breakdowns separately via software and report weekly to CEO. Experience with shop software or rental software is a plus.
- Creates annual shop budget; tracks and reports actual expenses
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- CDL is a plus
- Maintains superior attitude toward work and teammates at all times
- Strong work ethic with an extreme commitment to quality
- Prioritizes work efficiently based on operational schedule
- Communicates clearly and directly
- Accomplishes tasks independently
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area
Posting ID: 546154330Posted: 2020-02-20