Job Title: Market Development Specialist III- Imaging Reagents
Requisition ID: 112319BR
Location: Carlsbad, CA OR Rockford, IL OR Eugene, OR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
The Market Development Specialist III (GMD) will develop and execute marketing programs for the Imaging reagents and secondary antibody portfolios using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy focus. Working as a key member of the Protein and Cell Analysis Global Market Development team, this position is responsible for working with a broad team, including regional and business counterparts, to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans to then execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI and revenue targets and other annual operating plan objectives.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for the Imaging reagents and secondary antibody portfolio, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develop customer personas for each portfolio segment and implement a customer segmentation program to build global audiences.
- Create and implement appropriate technical marketing content across digital channels, including web, video, social media, and paid search.
- Develop appropriate sales force selling tools, technical training and customer facing materials in collaboration with product management, R&D, and commercial teams.
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor's Degree in life sciences discipline required
- 2+ years of experience developing a marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for highly technical reagent platforms requiring a complex selling approach
- Technical knowledge of Imaging reagents and assays
- Experience writing technical scientific content with ability to develop messaging for sales and customer facing materials.
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Experience with product area marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- A strong record building alignment in cross-functional teams and navigating within a matrix organization to achieve goals.
- Travel is required. (25%)
- Masters of Science and/or PhD in life sciences discipline
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Posting ID: 546172166Posted: 2020-02-20