The Director of Accounting and Finance will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth.
• Oversees Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
• Oversees all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
• Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
• Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
• Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
• Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
• Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
• Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales.
• Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
• Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
• Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
* Excellent management and supervisory skills.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
* Masters degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
* Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
* Five to eight years of experience in financial management required.
* Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
* Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
Posting ID: 546213608Posted: 2020-01-28