This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO.
Position Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
• Performs highly responsible and professional administrative services for the CEO
• Supports the day-to-day activities of the CEO, to include, but not limited to scheduling,
making travel arrangements to functions and out-of-town business trips, maintaining
Calendar of Events as a reminder of required reports and activities.
• Organizes meeting logistics by booking conference rooms, setting up conference calls,
ordering lunches, makes reservations and other arrangements as necessary.
• Screen incoming information from messages, phone calls, voicemails, memos, and
emails, compile information, and report to CEO
• Manages confidential information and support needs for special projects and various
• Completes necessary reporting; Expense reports, etc.
• General office support; greeting guests, routing calls/messages, breakroom
• Additional duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proactive, self-starter and independent, able to work with little to no supervision
• The ability to uphold strict level of confidentiality with sensitive and confidential
• The ability to multitask - ability to prioritize and execute many different tasks each day
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
Education and Experience:
• At least 3+ years of experience as an executive assistant, or experience performing
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field preferred but not required.
Cotton Patch Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Flexible Work Schedule
• 15 days PTO upon hire + multiple company holidays
• $100 Cotton Patch gift card monthly
• Monthly cell phone reimbursement
• Medical, dental & vision insurance
• Company paid- short term/long term disability & basic life insurance (when signed up for
company medical plan)
• 401K program with company match
Here at Cotton Patch Cafe we believe that our employees should reflect the diverse
backgrounds and experiences of all our guests that visit our establishments. As an Equal
Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender,
veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Employment within our management team is contingent upon successfully passing a
background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
and all applicants are subject to our E-Verify processing.
Posting ID: 546215426Posted: 2020-02-19