Senior Wait staff/Café and Bistro Supervisor – Lexington, MA
Brookhaven at Lexington, a prestigious, private retirement community in Lexington MA is currently seeking a Senior Wait staff /Café and Bistro Supervisor for our dining venues. This is a full time 40 hour per week position. The ideal candidate is willing to work as both a server and as a supervisor one to two days a week.
We offer an excellent work life balance with flexible scheduling and no late nights. Weekend shifts are required.
In addition to an hourly wage starting at $16.00 - $18.00 per hour, there are also opportunities for $2,000.00 scholarships and some tuition reimbursement.
- Perform all aspects of waiting on residents and guests, including: graciously greeting residents and guests, taking orders, facilitating orders, table service, clearing and re-setting tables, and performing related set-up and end of shift side work as assigned.
- Provide training to new Wait staff employees according to Wait staff Training Program.
- Responsible for supervision and oversight of Bistro and Café operation as assigned.
- Conduct pre-meal meetings when assigned.
- Ensure Wait staff are in proper uniform, are interacting appropriately with Residents and using proper serving technique.
- Ensure Wait staff are deployed in dining venue where most needed.
- Ensure Café and Bistro are ready for meal service prior to meals including tables set, café line set up, storage areas organized, and POS equipment and pagers on and working.
- Ensure flow of food, efficiency of Wait staff and communication with cooks is running smoothly.
- Help & ensure side work is complete.
- Practice hygienic food handling, preparation and serving techniques.
- Oversee quality of wait service in assigned dining venue.
- Act as Host in assigned dining venue when needed.
- Greet residents and guests, take and facilitate orders, and provide table service.
- Stock dining room wait station.
- Deliver trays to residents’ apartments.
- Clear & reset tables during service.
- Set up carts for A.M. tray line when assigned as busser.
- Show compassion, understanding, and patience when dealing with Residents.
- Two or more years of serving experience
- Restaurant supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships with our Residents
- A desire to work in an elder care setting and to provide high quality service to our residents
Posting ID: 546424023Posted: 2020-02-04