We are seeking a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant to assist residents with activities of daily living and provide residents with routine daily nursing care and personal assistance in accordance with established nursing care procedure, and as directed by supervisors. This position will work mostly in our assisted care but will have some hours in resident health.
40 hours/week: Day shift with some early evening hours needed and every other weekend.
- Uphold high quality CNA services that meet and exceed resident expectations.
- Maintain commitment to excellence in carrying out nurse aide responsibilities.
- Maintain focus on person centered care.
- Participate in daily resident review with staff nurse prior to shift.
- Manage case load as assigned by supervisor.
- Cue medication to residents on assignment.
- Assist residents with bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, housekeeping, and laundry.
- Check residents routinely to assure that their personal care needs are being met.
- Push wheelchairs and assist residents with transfers to/from appointments, activity and social programs.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts.
- Observe and report change in residents’ physical or psychological well-being to staff nurse.
- Observe and report skin breakdowns.
- Report to staff nurse at end of shift.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Prior experience working in a nursing home or home health agency preferred.
Brookhaven offers its employees competitive wages, subsidized medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off and participation in retirement plan.
Posting ID: 546424025Posted: 2020-02-19