With a great working environment, a great owner, and honesty & integrity in the Automotive Industry we are eager to find the right match for our growing Service Department.
The Service Consultant has the primary responsibility to sell service labor and parts to customers and promote long term customer retention. Greet customers and get the information necessary to repair the problems with their vehicle. Follow through with the technicians and the customer so the customer is satisfied with the work we did. Sell any additional work that is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers and carefully record the customer’s concerns to generate an accurate work order.
- Track the status of open repair orders during the day keeping both the customers and dispatcher updated with approvals and delays.
- Obtain the training necessary to know what is covered under warranty for each franchise.
- Perform regular and scheduled contacts with previous customers and make appointments for maintenance items.
- Make sure all customers have been notified when ordered parts arrive and schedule an appointment to have the work done.
- Help the cashier close tickets and notify customers that their vehicles are ready for pickup.
- Explain repair order charges to customers and promptly notify the service manager of any customer service problems.
- Strive to meet management’s metrics for sales per repair order, total gross profit, repair orders per day, and customer satisfaction scores.
- Write clear and precise repair instructions on the repair order for the technician.
- Provide estimate for labor and parts. If cost of service cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact customer for approval.
- Telephone customer when job is finished and discuss with him/her what was done. Close out repair orders.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to get approval In advance of repairs and take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment.
- Be knowledgeable of the products we sell and the various warranties on them.
- Satisfy customer’s immediate service needs, use low key, high integrity methods to present additional needed services.
- Meet or exceed the sales quotas set by management.
- Test drive vehicles that have to be driven to be sure technician has fixed problems with the vehicles. If these quality control checks are done consistently, we will substantially reduce the amount of comebacks and increase our level of customer satisfaction.
- Never lose sight of your ultimate goal: To get the car fixed right the first time.
Skills Required and Physical Demands:
1. Excellent verbal and math skills. These skills may be tested and evaluated.
2. Previous technician, cashier, warranty administrator, or other advisor experience.
3. Ability to be insured to operate a motor vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Three (3) sick days per year
- 401(k) plan participation with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Employer-paid life insurance and AD&D
Apply Online Now!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Posting ID: 546842178Posted: 2020-07-03